Should You Invest in Cracker Barrel?
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store Incorporation is a company based in the United States. The company operates a chain of restaurants in the United States, primarily in the southern parts of the country (like Georgia, South Carolina, etc.) In these restaurants, the company offers classic American food as well as some other gift offerings. The company operates 663 stores. It was founded in 1969.
Why You Should?
- Cracker Barrel is a great reopening play. As more people get vaccinated and start to travel again, they will be more comfortable to go shop or eat at Cracker Barrel. This will help the company’s recovery from this pandemic as sales will start to rise again. This will also benefit investors in the company.
- Under a Biden administration, there will be a significant amount of stimulus that will be passed. This will benefit the company as consumers will have more disposable income, which they can spend at restaurants like Cracker Barrel. This will also help the company’s recovery and will help the company boost its sales in the short-term. This will also benefit investors in the company.
- Cracker Barrel has good brand recognition in the markets that it operates. It is known to serve good and high-quality southern food. Furthermore, people will continue to return to Cracker Barrel for a consistent dining experience. This good brand recognition will help the company’s current recovery and future growth opportunities. This will also benefit investors in the company.
Why You Should Not?
- Cracker Barrel faces tough competition in the restaurant industry. Aside from small business competition, the company faces other competition from companies like Starbucks, McDonald’s, Domino’s Pizza, and many others. This has hurt the company in the past and might continue to hurt the company in the future. This might also hurt investors in the company.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has harmed the company. The company has had to shut down or limit operations at all of its locations. Furthermore, the company has had to spend more money in order to maintain high cleaning standards. This has hurt the company’s sales and recovery from this pandemic. This might also hurt investors in the company.
- All restaurants have been negatively impacted by this pandemic. Cracker Barrel has seen some recovery from these impacts. However, other companies like Starbucks and McDonald’s have seen a faster recovery than Cracker Barrel. This has caused the stock to still underperform compared to these other restaurant chains. This might also hurt investors in the company.
I think that Cracker Barrel is a decent long-term investment due to the fact that it is a good reopening play, the hopes for more COVID stimulus, and good brand recognition. However, tough competition, a slow recovery, and impacts from the pandemic might continue to hurt the company in the future.